I know that everyone says that Twitter is the must have social media that writers should have and I agree. However, I am an Instagram person. It is such a special medium. I love it and there are so many authors who love it too and see big differences with publicity, sales and overall excitement for their books. Here is my guide detailing why Instagram is awesome and why you need it, how to use it to your advantage and who to follow.
- The Writers On Instagram Are Awesome
- Your Posts Do Not Disappear In One Second
- The Friendships On Insta Are More Meaningful and Involved
- They Are A Good Support System
- The Viewer Can See Your Progress Through Your Eyes
- You Can Get People Involved With You And Your Book
- Increased Awareness = Greater Sales
These are the ones I bought:
- The Design and The Allure of Dean Harper (out now) by R.S.Grey (@authorrsgrey): The Design was a best seller on Amazing upon it's release.
- Sweet Hope by Tillie Cole (All of Tillie Cole's books to be honest) (@authortilliecole): This release was HUGE! I don't know the ranking but from what I heard/saw... wow.
- Slumber by Christy Sloat (@authorchristysloat_writes): was best seller on Amazon upon its release in the US and England. If you don't believe me see this.
- It Is Phone Based
- People Can't Click Through Immediately
- Videos Are Only 15 Seconds
- Start Your Username With 'Write' or 'Author'
- Find Like-Minded Individuals
- Identify Yourself & What You're Aim Is
- Connect With People
- Use Hashtags
These are not all of my hashtags but the ones that are the most popular for people to use on Insta. Feel free to refer to any of my posts to see what I use.
- Upload Something Everyday
- Have A Posting Schedule
- Tag People in Photo Chains
- Make Call To Actions and Your Own Picture Challenges
- Be Genuine
- Care About Others & Others Will Care About You
- Don't Add A Million People or Follow For Follow #f4f
- Self-Promotion Is Good But Don't Over Do It
- Add Images About Your Personal Life To Shake Things Up
- Find Something That Makes You Different & Work It
I guess, what is important is that you find your niche or something that makes you different from the rest and use it to your advantage. Make yourself known for that particular reason. For instance, mine is to work with pre-published authors.
- Videos Are Great
- Share The Insta Love
I have some of my favourite instagrammers here for you. This is a short list and not all of them. I will do a comprehensive list of everyone you should follow soon but I ran out of time! If I left you out, I am sincerely sorry and I will put you in the big list!
I hope that this has convinced you to make an Instagram account! You won't be sorry! Let me know if you found this helpful and hit me up on Insta!